Terms and conditions
By paying a non-refundable retainer It’s the responsibility of the bride on the booking to make themselves familiar with, understand, and accept terms and conditions.
Minimum Booking Makeup artist requires a minimum booking of 3 adult clients – Saturdays, May-September at a wedding. (One bride and 2 others)
Booking your wedding date A non refundable retainer of £75 is required immediately to secure your wedding date and this will be deducted from your final balance. We can then schedule your trial 2-3 months before your wedding date or earlier.
- Bookings made with less than 1 calendar month until the event are payable in full to secure your date.
Bridal Makeup Preview/Trial fees are separate. £95 Payment for the trial will be required 7 days prior to trial.
An assistant artist will be required for these variations
- There isn’t enough time for the makeup artist to get everyone ready in the available time for the larger bridal parties.
- If the venue has access time constraints.
- To give you a later start time.
- For bridal parties of 6/7 or more people.
Please bare in mind timings for Bride’s makeup up to 1 hr 30 and for others in the bridal party 45 min each for makeup only.
The fee to book and secure an assistant artist for your day is £50 per assistant.
Cancellation by the client
- The client can cancel the event at any point via email. The request will take effect from the date of receipt of the cancellation. The retainer paid on booking is non-refundable.
- Payments for work that has already been carried out is non-refundable.
- Makeupology will be under no obligation to refund any money paid up until point of cancellation. No further payments are due from the client following cancellation.
Cancellations by Makeup Artist
- In the unfortunate event that the artist is unable to attend on the day, due to illness or for last minute, unforeseen circumstances all efforts will be made to find an alternative artist to stand in. Every effort to find you an equally capable replacement artist who will fully briefed on you and your bridal parties looks.
- If a replacement artist cannot be found, monies will be refunded (excluding money paid for work already carried out)
- The artist reserves the right to cancel a booking following a trial, without a refund of the retainer in circumstances where the the client is uncooperative/makes it difficult to carry out our work or is booked under false pretences i.e for an event or other purpose.
- The makeup artist also reserves the right to refuse service to the client or members the party for, but not limited to, infectious conditions / abusive and threatening behaviour.
- If an assisting artist is needed for large party’s and they are unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances the artist may ask for an earlier start time to accommodate original numbers, or a refund can be offered on services that have been forfeited.
Postponement due to covid 19
- In the event of your wedding is postponed due to COVID-19, either by your venue, or government guidelines, your makeup retainer fee and monies paid so far will be transferable to your new date if artist is available.
- In the event that the artist is not available for your new arranged date due to COVID-19, and your trial has taken place, charges for work done (trials etc) will be retained. The retainer fee will be refunded minus a £30 admin fee.
- If the artist is not unavailable on your new date and your trial has not yet taken place you will be refunded minus a £30 admin fee.
Wedding Cancellation due to COVID-19
- In the event of a complete cancellation due to COVID-19, if your trial has taken place,charges for work done (trials etc) will be retained. The retainer fee will be refunded minus a £30 admin fee.
- If the artist is not unavailable on your new date and your trial has not yet taken place, the retainer fee will be refunded minus a £30 admin fee.
- If artist is unable to attend your wedding day due to either contraction of COVID-19 or the need to self-isolate the artist will endeavour to find a makeup artist she personally recommends to act as replacement. If artist is unable to do so, the wedding day costs will be refunded minus a £30 admin fee
Payment for Bridal Party These are discussed with the client prior to the actual wedding date. Some clients will be settling for their bridal party, others will be asking individual members to settle for themselves. If agreed that advanced payment is preferred by the client and the artist then an bank transfer will be arranged. If the bridal party members are paying for themselves, then cash can be taken on the day.
Travel Expenses Calculations for travel within England is worked out from E15 to the location/venue postcode unless otherwise agreed. It is for all clients to research parking restrictions at their venue or preparation address and arrange for permits if necessary, or reimbursement.
- 15 – 40 miles : £30.00
- 50 – 70 miles : £45.00
- 80 – 100 miles : £60.00
- 120+miles from £75.00
- Full public transport, parking and congestion costs must be covered and will be added to final invoice.
- Travel/Hotel/Train/Taxi/ Flights/ Congestion to be arranged and paid by client – Parking Fees to be paid by client
- Early morning bookings where makeup artist has to start before 7am , a £25 surcharge may be charged.
- Accommodation close to your wedding venue may be required for the night before the wedding if; journey time is over 2 hours one way, the start time is 6am or earlier, or there are other foreseeable events/delays.
Note Accommodation close to the wedding venue may be required for the night before the wedding if; journey time is over 2 hours one way, the start or travel time/is 6am or earlier, or there are other foreseeable events/delays.
Client Responsibility It’s the clients responsibly to make the artist aware of any known allergies/sensitivities/skin conditions that they or their bridal party may have before any services are carried out. This includes before/during the trial and after if any sensitivities/problems have been found. If on the rare occasion that any of the bridal party have any contagious skin infections artist will refuse service.
The makeup artist cannot be held liable for sensitivities, allergies or skin/medical conditions that may affect the use of their products. Any losses will not be their responsibility due to the clients failure to inform or miss communication.
In the event of time delays on the wedding day
- Makeupology cannot be held accountable in the event of unforeseen delays on the day which are out of their control.
- In the event that one or more services are forfeited as a result, no compensation/refunds can be offered if timings over-run.
- If you are aware of factors which could delay or hinder the artist’s journey such as diversions, road closures, speed restrictions, satnav issues etc, please advise as soon as possible so the artist can factor this in. Makeupology cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen factors.
- No refund or compensation can be offered for delays caused by other wedding vendors, guests, or members of the bridal party arriving late to begin our service.
- If you suspect any member of your bridal party may be a challenge in any way, it’s encouraged for them to have a trial to avoid potential delays on the day.
Photography To increase makeupology’s portfolio, the artist will need at least 15 min to take some bridal portraits it timings allow it.the client agrees that the makeup artist may use any photography for publicity purposes which include but are not limited to the makeup artist’s website and social media pages. Professional photographs by your photographer will also be requested.
Makeupology has public liability cover insured by Salon Gold.
- To carry out makeup services, Makeupology will need a minimum of; a cleared table/flat surface to set up on and chair for the client to sit in.
- Up to 20 minutes is allocated to set up and be ready in time to start services. If suitable conditions are not provide Makeupology cannot be held responsible for delays if time is lost due to this.
The Client agrees to keep children and infants away from any and all makeup products and equipment for Health and Safety reasons. Children will not be present during delivering of any services. This includes but is not limited to breast feeding, sitting on laps etc.) Makeupology will not be held responsible for any personal injury sustained in any events of this nature.
Extra Important details
No credit will be given for anyone wishing to pay after the wedding for the artist services.
The artist is currently only allowing the client and no additional attendees at a Trial. Where the clients would like to have an additional attendee to trials Please inform the artist first to ensure we can accommodate this.
Maximum time allocation for trials: spend on any one trial is 2.5 hours. Any additional time required for trial sessions will have to be booked as a repeat trial.
Repeat trials: If a second makeup trial is requested the same fee applies as for the first trial.
Lashes are included in the price for the makeup service, there is no reduction in price for any makeup service if they are declined.
Makeup services for younger members of the Party: makeup services for members of the Party who are up to 11 years old are complimentary. This will only include lip gloss, blusher, and shimmery eyeshadow application. If a more complete makeup service is required the full bridesmaid’s price will apply.