Terms and conditions
Securing your wedding booking
- A £75 booking fee is required to reserve your date in the diary. Please note that this is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The non-refundable booking fee is paid to reserve your date in the diary so that no other wedding booking can be made. The booking fee is then deducted from your final balance total.
- The final balance is due in full 4 weeks before your wedding. An invoice will be generated and sent prior to this, providing a full price breakdown.
- Please confirm your numbers carefully at the time of booking, packages cannot be reduced. It is possible to increase your booking size by moving up to the next package option.
- By proceeding to book by way of paying a booking fee, you accept that you are entering into a contract and you are bound by the terms and conditions.
- A trial for the bride is required for all bookings.
- Arranging a trial before payment of the booking fee does not reserve your wedding date. Only once the booking form and booking fee has been received will your wedding date be reserved.
- All trials are held at my home space in Stratford East London – Sundays during early daylight hours. Saturdays are exclusive to weddings, however some Saturday trials can be booked during off peak at discretion and will be subject to reschedule if said date is required for a wedding booking.
- Payment for trials are due 1 week before the appointment via bank transfer.
- It is highly recommend that trials are held no sooner than 1-3 months ahead of your wedding day.
Pricing & Payments Schedule
Payments are to be made in 3 easy steps.
1. Reservation – £75 To secure and book the date.(This amount is deducted from the final balance.)
2. Bridal Preview / Trial £150 – To be paid and cleared 1 (one)week before the trial appointment date.
3. Final Balance – To be paid in full and cleared 4 weeks before wedding date
- The pricing quoted at the time of booking will be honoured and any general price changes between the time of booking and your wedding date will not affect your agreed fee for the services booked.
- A minimum of package 2 or above is required on all Saturday weddings.
- After confirmation of booking if you would like to upgrade your package add further members please let me know as soon as possible, (at least 8 weeks prior to your wedding date) so any schedules can be amended with plenty of notice. Once booked packages are not able to be reduced in any circumstance.
- Additional makeup services cannot be requested on wedding day due to the amount of time allocated per person ahead of your ceremony.
- If the bridal party number changes for any reason on wedding day, payments are still non-refundable.
- I will do my best to avoid requiring an additional artist where possible, but on larger bridal parties with earlier ceremonies an additional artist will be required. The fee to book and secure an 2nd artist for your entire booking is £95.00 per artist.
- In the unfortunate event you have to cancel your booking, please inform me as soon as possible so I can offer your date to other brides. All cancellations will incur the following fees:
- Should you cancel your wedding booking after the £75 booking fee has been received this is non-refundable and non-transferable to any other service/treatment.
- If your booking is cancelled within 90 days of wedding day, you are liable to pay the full amount due to the likelihood of other work not being undertaken as a result of the booking.
- In the unlikely event I have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances and where no other suitable alternative can be arranged, a refund of the booking fee will be returned to you. No further compensation will be offered however I will do all I can to help find a replacement artist.
- If the booking is directly affected by circumstances beyond the control of myself, I will endeavour to rectify such situations, however, no compensation will be offered. It is advisable for the client to take out wedding insurance to cover you against these situations.
- In the event that your wedding is postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19 or any other emergency, booking fees remain non-refundable. If your wedding is postponed to a new date in the same year, the prices will remain the same. If it is postponed to the following year, the new years prices will apply to the booking.
- Travel expenses are incurred for all services from London E15. They are charged at a rate of 50p per mile and calculated using postcodes
- If accommodation charges are applicable, this will be discussed and arranged accordingly.
- In circumstances when parking fees apply, the client will be required to cover the charges where the makeup services are being conducted, for example hotel parking and meter parking.
- Please do let me know if there is limited parking at your location, due to the amount of heavy equipment brought along. If this has not been made aware of ahead of the wedding/event, Makeupology will not be held responsible for any delays this could cause.
- I’m based in East London, so accommodation/room (not shared) close to the wedding venue will be required for the night before the wedding if; journey time is over 2 hours one way, the start or travel time/is 6am or earlier, or there are other foreseeable events/delays.