An intimate outdoor multicultural wedding in dove grey
This is a styled inspiration shoot with three aims: to highlight diversity in wedding imagery, to showcase a dove grey colour palette and provide ideas for brides planning a simple, intimate, outdoor wedding.
Conceived by Gilly Keat Amore Star Events and Hannah Larkin Photography.
• Multicultural: At a time where the diversity showcased in mainstream wedding blogs is a hot topic, we were keen to create a styled shoot that showcased models from diverse backgrounds. Hannah: “One of the things I love about being an international wedding photographer based in London is that I am able to work with clients from a wide range of different backgrounds and ethnicities. I want all my couples to see inspiration shoots featuring people they can relate to – and from a bride’s perspective, having had a multicultural wedding myself, I know how much I valued seeing images of other multicultural weddings when planning”. Pavel is African Caribbean with incredible dreadlocks, whilst beautiful Ariana is Mixed race – white and black African.
• Dove Grey Palette: Inspired by Ailsa Munroe’s beautiful grey silk wedding dress ‘Elin’ we wanted to show that shades of grey can be used to create a stylish and memorable look. Gilly: “As a wedding coordinator and stylist, I aimed to create consistency with a simple, minimal look all featuring shades of dove grey”. Grey lace detailing on invitations tucked in grey envelopes began the theme, continued by striking calligraphy welcoming guests (Suzanne Oddy Design). Simple silver handmade rings (by Justin Duance) paired with silver and pearl jewellery (from Donna Crain), while white flowers (Browns Blooms & Balloons) finished the look for both bride and groom and continued into the table décor, where a small round two tiered ombre wedding cake (from Sugared Saffron) was the perfect finishing touch.
• Intimate Outdoor: Using the beautiful grounds of That Amazing Place, we set up a single round table in the gazebo perfect for an intimate celebration. Sheltered from the elements, but open-sided, the gazebo allows views of the lake and former monastery and provides a light and airy feel.
• Venue: That Amazing Place is a former monastery – now an exclusive use wedding venue set in beautiful grounds in the Essex countryside.
• Flowers: Jo from Browns Blooms & Balloons created a beautiful low floral centrepiece featuring white ranunculus, lisianthus, brunnera and eucalyptus. The floral centrepiece was surrounded by small vases with single cream roses, and individual succulent plants, silver and grey tea lights, with white pillar candles adding height to the otherwise simple, low design. The bouquet and buttonhole included cream roses creating a simple but striking look.
• Stationery: Suzanne Oddy designed a gorgeous bespoke stationery suite in dove grey and white with floral and lace décor and stunning calligraphy.
• Tablewear: On a circular table the décor was kept simple and minimalistic with slate place settings partnered with stunning Oka mother of pearl cutlery and grey and silver glasswear (from Couvert Hire). A pale grey table runner continued the colour theme through the linen, as a base for individual place settings in beautiful calligraphy (Suzanne Oddy Design). Styled by Gilly Keat (Amore Star Events) the aim was to create an intimate elegant table in dove grey, showcasing the colour theme in both glasswear and table linen.
• Cake: Asma at Sugared Saffron outdid herself with a beautiful two tone tiered grey ombré circular cake, adorned with a silk ribbon embellished with crystals and beads.
• Hair & Makeup: We worked with Bev from Makeuplogy who specialises in wedding makeup for Black, Mixed race and Asian brides and used a silver and white colour palette on Ariana’s eyes together with a natural lip colour. Helen from Brides Personified is experienced working with all hair types and committed to working with brides of all ethnicities. She allowed Ariana’s hair to curl loosely, lightly pinning a few curls in a low beehive to allow Donna Crain’s hair piece to sparkle.
• Dress: Ailsa Munro’s beautiful grey silk wedding dress ‘Elin’ has a scoop neckline, beaded belt with a chiffon skirt allowing gorgeous flowing movement.
• Finishing touches: The grey dress was accessorised with a grey feather bolero and silver and pearl jewellery from Donna Crain, accentuating the gown’s beaded belt. Grey beaded ‘Victoria Vapour’ heels from Emmy London and a delicate church length veil from Sash & Veil completed the look. Silver rings, handmade using recycled precious metals were provided by Justin Duance together and Nicola from Got Nails Got Beauty created shimmering ombre nails with white, silver and glitter.
• Suit: A grey suit was paired with tweed waistcoat, sliver tie and pocket square (from Hire 5). A simple buttonhole (from Browns Blooms & Balloons), silver ring and sandcast cufflinks (from Justin Duance) finished the look.
• Storytelling: Hannah Larkin (photography) works to tell wedding day stories and captured each step of day in relaxed, romantic images from the small special details to the overall scene. Jay Anderson (videography) filmed the highlights producing a unique record of the day: https://vimeo.com/209796864
Behind The Scenes Video
• Stylist: Gilly Keat, Amore Star Events www.amorestarevents.co.uk with styling assistant Jenni Payne
• Photography: Hannah Larkin www.hannahlarkinphotography.com
• Videography: Jay Anderson www.jayandersonwedding.com
• Venue: That Amazing Place www.thatamazingplace.co.uk
• Flowers: Browns, Blooms & Balloons www.brownsbloomsandballoons.co.uk
• Cake: Sugared Saffron www.sugaredsaffron.co.uk
• Stationery: Suzanne Oddy Design www.suzanneoddydesign.com
• Tablewear: Couvert Bespoke Event Hire www.couvert.co.uk
• MUA: Makeupology www.makeupology.co.uk
• Hair: Brides Personified www.bridespersonified.com
• Nails: Got Nails Got Beauty www.gotnailsgotbeauty.co.uk
• Dress: Ailsa Munro www.ailsamunrodressmaker.com
• Veil: Sash and Veil www.sashandveil.co.uk
• Shoes: Emmy London www.emmylondon.com
• Suit: Hire 5 www.hire5ive.co.uk
• Rings & cufflinks: Justin Duance Jewellery www.justind.co.uk
• Headpiece, bracelet & necklace: Donna Crain www.donnacrain.com
• Models: Ariana Gomes www.instagram.com/ary_model & Pavel Diaz www.instagram.com/pav.de